Frequently Asked Questions
Can cookies pass on my personal information to others?
We will not share any personal information gathered through cookies on this Site with third parties.
We do use experience and insight cookies on this Site to help us make it better for those who visit it regularly and in doing so we do share certain limited information with our third party ‘analytics’ providers.
Do cookies compromise my security?
Many of the cookies used on our Site are used purely to provide important security features such as protecting your data and your accounts.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to and stored on your computer, smartphone, or other device for accessing the internet, whenever you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device.
Some of the functions that cookies perform can also be achieved using similar technologies. This policy refers to ‘cookies’ throughout, however is to include these alternate mechanisms.
More information about cookies, including how to disable them, can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Types of Cookies
The length of time a cookie stays on your device depends on its type. We use two types of cookies on our Site:
- Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the Site (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the Site). Session cookies help our Site remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the Site.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our Site. For example, so that the Site remembers you the next time you use it. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor.
These cookies are essential for the running of our Site.
We would recommend this type of cookie is not disabled for the following reasons:
- they allow us to remember your cookie preferences;
- they allow us to provide website functionality such as the checkout process; and
- they allow us to see if something isn't working properly, so we can fix it quickly.
Experience and Insight Cookies
These cookies help us to make sure you have the best possible experience on our Site:
- they help us to make the Site easier to use and help you find what you need more easily;
- they help us to test and improve the content you see; and
- they help us understand how you found out about our services.
These cookies help us manage the online advertising you see from us:
- they allow us to control how often you'll see our advertisements online;
- they allow us to show you more relevant messages and offers; and
- they make your online journey better and more consistent.
Disabling these cookies won’t stop you from seeing our advertising. You may see more advertisements from us and they could be less relevant to you.
How You Can Manage Your Cookies
The browsers of most computers, smartphones, and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this Site, any local sites, or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our Site.
If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our Site works.
Can cookies allow others access to my computer’s hard drive?
The cookies we use cannot look into your computer, smartphone, or web-enabled device and obtain information about you or your family or read any material kept on your hard drive.
If I use a public computer, will someone be able to get my details from the cookies?
Our cookies cannot be used by anyone else who has access to the computer to find out anything about you, other than the fact that someone using the computer may have visited a certain website. The cookies from our Site do not compromise the security of our Site
More about Your Privacy
To find out more about how Powr-Flite protects your privacy when using our Site, please read our Privacy
This policy was last updated on March 29, 2019.